Dienstag, 22. September 2015

Farewell....German Efficiency in the U.S.

Farewell...German Efficiency in the U.S.

The decission was made, the application sent out, and three weeks passingby, I had a nice phone interview with the office at Washington, DC, including the office in Denver and the Office in Chicace, all people lined up...So the connection was really interesting, trying to find the perfect spot in Biberach to keep the line clear.

Testing my character, this was the resutl:

Since half an year is too short time for a Master's Degree Thesis in the U.S., I was offered a 1-year full time internship as an Energy Management Intern, including the time to write my Master's-Thesis at the same time.

After saying Farewell to all,

( yes, we had an really exhausting night and morning at Kenny's Irish Pub (the Porter House Inn),



in which my dad texted me at 5:30 am, " son, everything alright? you know you ll have a flight later on, is everything packed?"...
 
at the airport, always the most difficult moment, when you see your parents waiting behind the secure area to see yourself walking away to start the journey, can t wait to see you both again...!
 
visiting my uncle and aunt with my brother close to Kempten, thanks for the amazing food and drinks



it was time to start the advenure, there...and back again ( some may recognize the awesome triology, soon extended with three more movies by J.R.R.T.) to say farewell.

Also including the final notes from my mom( which she likes to put on sticky notes)



After a direct flight with Condor from Frankfurt Airport to Baltimore, Washington, my week directly started with a nice introduction on the comapany's Homepage, here I am , hellyeah!

Welcome to the Team Claudio!
Home Sweet Home

Since my working hours are starting from 9 am, I don t want to miss the beautiful start into the morning with some amazing and refreshing music, played live directly at the exit of the metro station, directly in the heart of Washington, D.C:
Good Morning D.C, I already fall in love you!

My company is located directly in the heart of DC, literally close to the White House, where I was supposed to meet the President...


Since we Germans are very punctual and time-oriented persons, who always keep their time-schedule in perfect order, I went to the White House. Unfortunately, Mr. President didn't show up to our local regular Meeting to talk about facing the Challenges of Renewable Energies in the U.S., I just assume he just simply forgot to book an appointment in my calender...Welcome to the US.

Starting the Day in the Office

Since my friend Schmitti commented about my late start in the day, I kind of feel efficient to be starting at the Office, when you can explore and feel the silence, which covers the tons of traffic in the heart of the city while I was the second person in the office, my german supervisor was aready there :)...Time Efficiency, I would say the score is 2:0 (Germany:USA)

Pope Francis is comin tomorrow to Washington, D.C., the whole Area around the White House, including our Office will be shut down due heavy crowding. Let s see if I ll get a chance to meet him  if his calender is too full, and he is not able to get an appointment on my calender ( same happend to Mr. President), I ll just follow the hidden source of crowding, as I am sure you ll understand my reasons, explained in the following picture:


 Stay tuned for the following update:


Trip to NYC, the city that never sleeps...

PS: Try to spot me in the picture, the first one who comments on the picture, get s a postcard from New York City :)



5 Kommentare:

  1. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey I like your Blog so far! I hope I can update my Istanbul Blog soon too! Keep going! Nice regards from Istanbul! :)
    Jen K

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. And of course I spotted you in the picture! :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. And of course I spotted you in the picture! :D

    AntwortenLöschen